Wednesday, January 30, 2019

First high flight, Cornwall BC 1979

BC pilot Bob Krider sends this:

"My pioneering flight off Cornwall in 1979, after one year of flying. That was a rush. Sooooo high. I yelled insults at the tiny little cows below me for being stuck to the ground. The flight was heavily covered by the local press (front page news).


I got rid of that huge Electra Flyer Floater, which liked to spin at the slightest provocation. Moved to England in 1980. By then I had a couple hours total airtime, so figured I was ready for the new double surface fad,  and upgraded to a double surface Airwaves Comet in 1981.   I only destroyed one Comet before I got the hang of it."

Ashcroft Journal 1979-09-12 pg.1

Ashcroft Journal 1979-09-12 pg.2 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea how a yung BOB (circa 1979) looks like a current COLE (circa 2020)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please, and on topic. No political arguments, no selling. If you are a Facebook user, then please share your post with this group's page on Facebook.

Record setting procedure in Canada

 We've tried to simplify the record setting procedure in Canada, so that it doesn't mean jumping through as many hoops as you would ...